If you’re reading this, you’re probably considering whether or not to attend a local bridal show. Or, you’re attending and just don’t know what to expect! I’m glad you’re here!
Why attend a bridal show?
Most wedding vendors at bridal shows have all sorts of giveaways, discounts, door prizes, or raffles. Why not enter all of these? Who knows what you could win! Also, you can get a lot of great ideas for your wedding theme, décor, cake designs, etc. The booths at wedding shows are so glamorous and you can see all sorts of available options! You can also get a lot of business cards so that you can go home and do your research on your favs.
What to expect?
Expect organized chaos! No, really? It’s like weddings on steroids! Before a show starts, I like to walk around and just take in all of the “wedding-ness” that’s going on! We’re all in the business of wanting to make your wedding day perfect, and we put our best foot forward at these shows! After all, this is a chance for wedding pros to show you their best, what they can do, and have fun while doing it!
How to prepare?
- Have address labels made with your name, wedding date, email address, phone number, and city of your wedding. You’ll probably enter raffles and drawings, and it gets annoying having to write this info over and over.
- Bring no more than 3 people with you. I say no more than 3 because then you can’t keep up with everyone. So, you spend the entire time being pulled in a million different directions and then you can’t focus on anything! I’d recommend that you bring your mom, maid of honor, or a close friend.
- Unless your man is super into wedding planning, I’d recommend leaving him at home. I see a ton of bored men that end up finding the bar (yes, there’s usually a couple of bars!) and camping out until it’s time to leave.
- Bring a tote bag. You’ll get all sorts of swag, pamphlets, and flyers, and you don’t want to fumble them around for the entire show.
- Find out the itinerary for the show. Sometimes, there is a fashion show, and you want a good seat. Or maybe that’s when you scout out a popular vendor while everyone else is watching the fashion show. There are also times for announcements, large giveaways, or other things that you do not want to miss out on!
- Before walking in, look over the floor plan and figure out the booths that you MUST stop at. Hit up those first, and then visit the other booths. Highlight your favs or circle them, but make sure that you know where they are.
Just be ready for a lot of fun and wedding décor galore! Wedding shows are so much fun, and I hope that you attend one near you soon!